What's going on in Worship?

Friday, July 1, 2011

Introduction

On June 1, I began a three month sabbatical, within my job as Director of Music at First Lutheran Church in Saint Peter, Minnesota.  This blog is primarily a place for me to record the fruits of my reflections while on sabbatical and to enter into conversation with members of the First Lutheran community. 

Since two primary purposes of my sabbatical are to do some reading about liturgy and worship and to visit a variety of churches, many of these posts will comment on those two objectives.  At the end of the sabbatical, I hope to be able to direct these thoughts toward questions and applications relating to worship, music, liturgy, and community in the local context of First Lutheran Church. 

To respect my hosts in the churches that I visit, I will refrain from identifying the church in the blog.  Often, my blogs have the quality of a journal entry - mostly unedited, perhaps hastily written, and display my first impressions. 

Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment